execMBA application instructions
The University of Missouri execMBA Program uses rigorous admissions criteria and evaluates all applications carefully to select a highly talented and motivated entering class. Please refer carefully to the following application instructions, and contact us at 573-882-8266 or email@example.com if you have any questions.
- At least 5 years of professional experience
- Demonstrated successful leadership experience
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited institution
- Current full-time employment
Applicants must submit the following information:
Online University of Missouri Graduate School Application: In the "Supplemental Information" section of the online Graduate School Application, please upload the following:
- 1) Personal Statement. Please address the following topics, in no more than 500 words each:
- a. Business Challenge: Describe the most significant business-related challenge you have faced in your career, how you approached that challenge, and the outcome. You may also indicate how you anticipate earning an MBA will help you approach similar challenges in the future.
- b. Career Goals & MU execMBA expectations: How do you expect the MU execMBA Program to help you achieve your current career goals?
- c. Time Management: Given your already demanding job and the desire to remain committed to important family and personal obligations, how do you plan to handle this additional demand on you?
- 2) Resume. Be sure to include the following information:
- a. Professional experience and accomplishments, including the month and year for all listed positions (e.g. January 2002 - December 2007, January 2008 - Present).
- b. Current salary/annual income. All execMBA students must be gainfully employed.
Transcripts: Upload unofficial copies of all transcripts in the "Educational History" section of the online Graduate School application for your application to be considered complete. If you attended University of Missouri, we will obtain your Mizzou transcripts and you need not do so. Please arrange to have official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended mailed directly to the MU Graduate Admission Office, 210 Jesse Hall, Columbia, MO 65211.
Letters of recommendation are optional and may be submitted in the same manner.
Interviews are by invitation only. Invitations will be extended only after an application is received and reviewed.
GMAT or GRE scores will be considered, but are not a requirement for admission. If you've taken the GMAT or the GRE and feel the scores would strengthen your application, please submit them (code 596-15-82 for GMAT or code 6875 for GRE).
Special Instructions for International Applicants
An Official TOEFL or IELTS score is required for every applicant whose native language is not English. The minimum TOEFL score requirement for the College of Business is 550 (paper-based), 213 (computer-based), or 79-80 (internet-based). The minimum IELTS score is 5.5. Include your score information in the "Test Information" section of the online Graduate School application, and arrange to have your official scores sent directly to the University; MU's code is 6875. Please visit the MU Graduate School website for additional international applicant information, including exceptions to the English Language testing requirement.
The execMBA program evaluates all applications carefully to select a highly talented and motivated entering class of working professionals.
MU is a Yellow Ribbon school so if you qualify under that program, you may not pay any tuition. In addition, the execMBA Program offers a reduced deposit amount for those veterans and military personnel admitted into the program. The University of Missouri's Veterans Center will assist with understanding, applying for, and certifying all educational benefits and can be reached at 573-884-4383 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- December 1, 2014: Priority Application Deadline
- February 1, 2015: Round 1 Application Deadline for Fall 2015
- June 1, 2015: Round 2 Application Deadline for Fall 2015
- August 5, 2015: Classes begin
*Once applicants have submitted all required materials within a particular round, the admissions committee will review and respond within 6-8 weeks.
Graduate Student Loans
An education loan is a form of financial aid that must be repaid, with interest. Eligibility may be based on cost of attendance and financial need for the loan. Each loan type comes with certain eligibility requirements and terms that must be met. Federal loans require acceptance into a degree-seeking program or certificate program. Most federal loans require a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) be filed.
Limits are set on how much financial assistance students can receive in the form of federal student loans, frequently determined by the student's financial need. Federal law sets the maximum interest rates and fees that lenders may charge for federally guaranteed loans. All loans are applied to the student's Mizzou account. The execMBA program has a designated financial aid officer, who will work specifically with admitted execMBA students.